Some time in early January, Andrew and I decided to go for a walk in Ashridge Estate. The estate is 2000 hectares of National Trust own...

Ashridge Estate


Some time in early January, Andrew and I decided to go for a walk in Ashridge Estate. The estate is 2000 hectares of National Trust owned woodland and downland, and is full of trails to explore and wildlife to see. It was even the home of the Whomping Willow from Harry Potter, until it fell down. 


We thought we were pretty prepared having packed some homemade shortbread biscuits and a flask of tea. But after wandering around for a while we realised we weren't prepared at all; the morning sun had lured us into a false sense of warmth and security and we'd left our coats and gloves behind. It was pretty nippy.


Every time we've visited Ashridge Estate we've always seen loads of squirrels and deer. This time was no different. I spent the journey home absolutely kicking myself that I hadn't packed my other lens!




You may also like

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.