While in Vancouver, Andy's friend suggested we do the Grouse Grind.  The Grouse Grind is known as 'Mother Nature's Stairmaste...

Grouse Grind

While in Vancouver, Andy's friend suggested we do the Grouse Grind. 
The Grouse Grind is known as 'Mother Nature's Stairmaster', and is a 1.8 mile trail going 2,800 ft up Grouse Mountain via 2,830 steps. Before I did it, all this information meant nothing to me, and it was only when we arrived and read the warning signs and found out you're only allowed to walk up it and not down I began to question whether doing it in jeans was a sensible idea. It wasn't. 
It was pretty tough, although I did have a few moments of energy where I ran up the stairs. Only to regret it a few minutes later. 



When we reached the top I was kind of disappointed that there wasn't a big congratulations sign, but the view made up for it. 










As I mentioned before, you're not allowed to walk down the trail because of health and safety, so you have to pay $10 to get the Skyride (cable car) back down.  







You may also like

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.