Just over two weeks ago, Andrew and I landed in Toronto.  Having not flown for a number of years I was pretty nervous about the flig...

Canada Calling


Just over two weeks ago, Andrew and I landed in Toronto. 
Having not flown for a number of years I was pretty nervous about the flight beforehand, but it was actually fairly underwhelming when we were in the air. The choice of films and the food were mediocre at best. And to make matters worse I picked up a bug and spent the next two nights trying my best to avoid the creaky floorboards of the hostel room to go and be sick. This wasn't the 'Welcome to Canada' I was expecting. 

We pretty much spent our week in Toronto walking and eating. We went Uptown, Downtown, visited St. Lawrence Market for the farmers market and the antiques fair. We spent far too long walking around in search of the 'world's biggest bookstore', only to discover that it was knocked down in March 2014 (damn you out of date Canada guide!). We ate at three or four different pizza places, had Five Guys twice, and went to a sports bar for wings - Andrew went for the all you can eat option.

Unfortunately I don't have photos of any of these things because I thought that I'd be able to put my SD card in Andrew's WiFi camera, but it doesn't support my photos. Doh!

After days of blue skies and sun, we decided to take a Megabus trip to Niagara Falls. And low and behold - grey skies and drizzle. 


Horseshoe Falls


Most of the time you couldn't really see much because of the mist and spray. As it's the Winter season there wasn't much else to see or do, but the lack of people was a nice change compared to the usual tourist hotspots. 


You may also like

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.