The house up North must be some sort of butterfly sanctuary during the winter months. I'm sure there's at least one butterfly hib...

Butterfly Feeding

The house up North must be some sort of butterfly sanctuary during the winter months. I'm sure there's at least one butterfly hibernating away in every room. I usually find them resting on the floor and have to warn everyone not to step on them, or I have to move them out of the way of the ever so curious cat.
We've recently had some cavity wall insulation put in (at last!), and a rare few sunny days, so I assume the rise in temperature is why Andrew found this little guy flapping around.
We weren't quite sure what to do with him because it's still pretty cold outside. Andrew suggested feeding him some sugar water, in case he was hungry. It didn't take him long to get stuck in, and I eventually found a milk bottle top to put the sugar water in so Andrew could put him down and leave him to it. Since then I think he's found a new spot to rest in.


I've always had a bit of a fascination with butterflies. Sometimes when I was a kid I'd run around the Buddleia bush with a fishing net trying to catch as many as I could. I guess it was just like a real life game of Elefun, minus the elephant.
A couple of Christmases ago my sister bought me a framed Lemon Emigrant to put on my bedroom wall, and she also got me another butterfly in a teapot from a charity shop. I'd love to add to my little collection!





You may also like

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.