Since arriving in Canada, working on a pig farm and spending days on a train I've kind of lost my love for make-up. During this ti...

Covergirl Lashblast Fusion


Since arriving in Canada, working on a pig farm and spending days on a train I've kind of lost my love for make-up. During this time I haven't learned to love my bare face, I just tend to avoid the mirror more! So when BzzAgent kindly selected me for the Covergirl Lashblash mascara campaign, I thought it was about time I gave it a whirl. 

There were four mascaras available:

Full Last Bloom for touchably soft full lashes
Lashblast Volume for up to 10x volume
Clump Crusher for up to 20x volume with 0 clumps
Lashblast Fusion for up to 10x volume and length

Having quite short lashes I decided to go for Lashblast Fusion in Very Black.


 Now in all honesty my previous mascara, Wonder'full (Wonder'lash in Canada) by Rimmel London, may have given me high standards for packaging but, even so, the Covergirl Lashblast just doesn't do it for me.

Rimmel London Wonder'full in 001 Black

 Lashblast Fusion looks and feels cheap, and the design doesn't particularly appeal to me. One of the good things about the packaging is that the different kinds in the range are all very bright colours which makes them easily distinguishable if you were to own more than one. I can imagine that the bright colours might be more appealing to a younger audience but for me personally it wouldn't be a product that jumped out at me on the shelf as a must buy.


The wand is plastic and quite stubby, meaning that you do get a build up of mascara on the end of the brush.
One thing I noticed about this mascara formula is that it dries very quickly, so if you want to apply more than one coat you have to be fast, otherwise it tends to clump.



As mascaras go, I thought this one was pretty average. It did seem to add volume to my lashes, but also tended to clump the lashes together rather than separate them. I don't think it added a great deal of length to my lashes and I would probably suggest buying a different mascara if lengthening is what you're looking for.

Although I didn't like this mascara very much, I think it would be great for younger people just getting into make-up. 




You may also like

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.