Growing up I had a doll's house called Rose Cottage that had stickers of roses around the front door, and I'm pretty sure that&#...

Roses


Growing up I had a doll's house called Rose Cottage that had stickers of roses around the front door, and I'm pretty sure that's where my love of little cottages with rose gardens stemmed from.
I can remember being young and making 'magic potions' in my garden, I had no qualms about pulling petals off daisies or uprooting dandelions but I was always very dubious when it came to rose petals.


Fast forward a few years later to finding out rabbits could eat rose petals, and I was still quite hesitant. But the fact Clive loved them made the whole ordeal a bit easier.

So when I spotted a rather sad looking mini-rose for sale in the local grocery store I just couldn't help myself.  After being re-potted and watered almost every day, it really started to thrive.


I've loved watching the flowers change colour throughout the Summer. They started as a bright yellow with pink around the edges of the petals, and then faded.



Right now I'm patiently waiting for four more buds to flower.


'I'd rather have roses on my table, than diamonds on my neck'. - Emma Goldman


You may also like

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.